Game crashes when I load my save game

Home Forums General Discussion Game crashes when I load my save game

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  AC 9 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Pizzahut91

I had really low health, but I wanted to go adventuring underground, and since a full hunger bar didn’t seem to do anything in terms of healing, I decided to just starve myself (In hindsight, I should have just gotten a bee to kill me). So when I finally died, the loading animation played, and the game crashed (I’ve been experiencing a few crashes lately, so I figured I’d just load from the last save and go at it again). I went to open my save, and the same thing happened; loading animation plays, then the game crashes. I got pretty far in terms of gear/items, so I don’t feel like starting a new game right now. I’ll try again later, I’m going to bed soon, anyway. I was just hoping that you could keep this glitch (or whatever) in mind, or perhaps you know the solution.

#156 Reply

AC

Yes this has happened to me quite frequently as I have given up on what it is. I have made at least 7 adventures now where when I get to owning copper ( or whatever red mineral is) it locks up on me and cannot load game back up or when I have had my farms close together (i.e. stacking farms on each other 6×5 and my rows of trees 50×3).

My last adventure I was fairly far when the game locked up and I haven’t decided to start a new adventure as it is time consuming to get that far in short time never the less when I feel less frustrated i will get back at it to try and figure it out what is causing mine to crash.

#158 Reply

madnaloth
    Keymaster

PizzaHut and AC,
    Thanks so much for the info! Is there any way you can send me your save file so that I can load it on my machine? I can’t seem to replicate the issue on my end… If I had your save game file that wasn’t working I could probably figure out what was happening… You can e-mail it to chris@tileminer.org. Thanks!

#165 Reply

AC

I’ve looked for some type of save file but cannot locate the file. Tileminer.exe is the only file that I have of this game.

#167 Reply

Pizzahut91

Yeah, I don’t know where saves are stored (I checked the My Games folder, but nothing was there, and since the update still has my save, I assume there is an actual save game), but I would gladly send it to you if you could direct me to where it is!

#170 Reply

Pizzahut91

Nevermind, it was in Appdata/roaming. Here’s a dropbox link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0gtemgtar35r8ko/AAC7GdE4YWL5D8SsbcgaUbnza?dl=0

#184 Reply

madnaloth
    Keymaster

I’ve checked out both of your save games. I’m not sure what’s causing this problem right now. I’m going to continue to test with things like farming and copper. Trying to get this solved ASAP. If you can figure out how to replicate the crash that would be incredibly helpful:) Thanks again for all your help so far! 🙂

#193 Reply

Pizzahut91

Well, I had a very large hose. I found a patch of dirt and built my house around it, and the game would crash if I put too much roofing down. And, as previously mentioned, I starved myself. I’ll try to replicate the conditions later today.

#194 Reply

Pizzahut91

Excuse me, I meant very large house, and to say the game would crash if I put too much roofing down too fast.

#198 Reply

AC

yes the “double clicking” too fast has happened to me that i know is 100%

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Reply To: Game crashes when I load my save game
Your information: